NOW OPEN! – 7th Joint Call for Proposals: Southeast Asia-Europe Joint Funding Scheme for Research and Innovation (JFS)
Call for Proposals Deadline: 15 October 2021 | 12:00 (noon) CEST
What is the JFS?
- The JFS brings together Southeast Asian and European researchers and innovators to collaborate on topics of mutual interest. The JFS funds bi-regional research and innovation projects.
- Funding for research projects is provided by national, regional and local funding agencies from Southeast Asia and Europe. Each funding agency funds its own researchers according to their own rules.
- The central management of the JFS is supported by the European Commission (EC).
- The JFS works on the 2+1 principle. Proposals must have 2 partners from 2 different Southeast Asian countries and 1 European partner, or 2 partners from 2 different European countries and 1 Southeast Asian partner.
- At least 1 partner from each region must be eligible for JFS funding. The coordinator must be selected from among the partners eligible for funding. The required third partner can be funded by a funding organization from a country participating in the JFS or bring their own funding.
1) Sustainable Food Production including nanotechnologies supporting sustainable food production
2) Climate Change: Resilience and Adaptation including social science and health aspects
Funding can be used for the following:
- Personnel costs
- Mobility of scientists and experts
- Indirect costs
Who can apply?
Research proposals may be submitted by researchers from public research and higher education institutions from the following countries:
For more information, please visit https://www.sea-eu-jfs.eu/calls