Invitation to apply for seed money projects – CLOSED
DIPI encourages Indonesian scientists’ to participate in the bilateral research collaboration with Switzerland-Southeast Asia selected countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, and Vietnam) for seed money projects.
Seed money can be employed to develop a joint project proposal to be submitted to large funding agencies (National funding agencies or EU funding schemes) or to develop a long-term partnership between two institutions or chairs.
Submission deadline: 1 September 2016
Maximum amount for a seed money grant: 10,000 CHF (Swiss Franc)
To establish and strengthen links between Swiss researchers and scientists and institutions of the Southeast Asia selected counties (Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, and Vietnam).
- The call is open for activities in all scientific disciplines and fields of research.
- Research partners must be scientists affiliated to a university or a public research institute from one of the countries mentioned above (Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, and Vietnam
- All proposals will be required to have a Switzerland Principal Investigator (PI). Below are the links for Swiss recognized higher education and research institutions:
- PI must hold a faculty or senior scientist position or a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) with several years of research experience.
- Applications by doctoral students must be submitted by their supervisors.
- The Swiss scientist is the main applicant.
All scientists of federal and cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and universities of teachers’ education, as well as public research institutions are eligible to apply.
All applications must be submitted by Swiss’ PI.
The main applicant must be employed at one of the above mentioned Swiss institutions. Applications shall be submitted in electronic format to Patricia Heuberger, ETH Zurich (email@example.com).
Deadline for submission:
1 September 2016
Evaluation and funding decision
15 October 2016
Latest project start date
Up to 12 months
Applications will be assessed by an evaluation panel and notified by ETH Zurich or EPFL in case of projects with Vietnamese partners. The evaluation is based on the following criteria (not listed in order of priority):
- Scientific and technological merit of the anticipated outcomes
- Originality and feasibility of the proposed activity
- Expertise and complementarities of the partner laboratories/institutes and the applicants
- Contributions by all involved partners, including funding and in-kind contributions
- Potential for long-term collaboration and follow-up activities
- Promotion of young and female researchers
The grant will be disbursed in two instalments: 80% after signing the grant contract and 20% after approval of the final report. A detailed budget is required when submitting the project proposal.
Budgeted expenses must be justified and related to the proposed research activities. A financial contribution of each partner is expected and must be made explicit in cash and in-kind.